Role: Electronics Design Engineer – Edinburgh Sensors & Froilabo
Location: Livingston, UK
Froilabo, Edinburgh Instruments and Edinburgh Sensors are part of the Techcomp Europe family.
Froilabo develops and manufactures temperature-controlled equipment for sample preparation and preservation in laboratory and industrial applications, including ultra-low-temperature freezers, ovens, and incubators.
Edinburgh Sensors is a world’s leading manufacturers of gas detection instruments and systems for cutting-edge gas sensing solutions. Edinburgh Sensors providing solutions to a number of different industries such as agriculture, HVAC, process control and etc.
Froilabo has sites in France, Romania and a shared R&D hub with Edinburgh Instruments and Edinburgh Sensors in Scotland. Froilabo and Edinburgh Sensors are looking to create a strong engineering team to build the next generation of gas sensing technology and environmentally-friendly freezers.
We are looking to recruit an Electronics Design Engineer to join out Livingston centre.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Electronics Design Engineer will support the Senior Electronics Design Engineer / Program Manager and conducts electronic engineering tasks for new product development, bespoke customer developments and sustainability and product improvement developments. Responsibilities include designing and developing electronic products and systems, ensuring the performance and safety of products meet the specified requirements and standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake the design and development of specified projects / products or sub-systems.
- Produce, maintain, record and ensure safe keeping of computerised design documentation.
- Provide technical support to other divisions, production or sales teams as required.
- Remain abreast of state-of-the-art electronics technology and products.
- Undertake off-site visits for design, consultancy, installation, warranty or maintenance of electronic products, as required.
- Undertake any other duties as required.
What You’ll Need to Bring
- Degree or higher in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (Candidate without formal qualifications who can demonstrate relevant experience will also be considered).
- Experience of signal and data processing for control systems, and implementation of HMI modules.
- Understanding of component selection, schematic capturing and PCB layout.
- Coding experience for Firmware in C/C++ and assembler coding.
We’d Also Love to See
- Familiar with manufacturing techniques and product development environment in digital and analogue electronics.
- Willingness to learn Altium and SVN software.
This a great opportunity to join an established and growing global business. In return we offer excellent financial rewards and career development prospects. You will work 37.5 flexible working pattern, that allows an early finish on a Friday. After an initial qualifying period and subject to the Company’s terms and conditions of employment, Edinburgh Instruments offers a comprehensive range of benefits including performance-related bonus scheme, death in service, permanent health insurance, private medical insurance, pension scheme, paid holidays and subsidised gym membership.
As an equal opportunities employer, Edinburgh Instruments is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.