Role: Graduate Apprentice Business Development Executive
Location: Livingston, UK
Edinburgh Instruments (EI) is an international market leader in high-end, high-value scientific instrumentation. Part of the Hong Kong headquartered global Techcomp Instrument Group, we operate within the Techcomp Europe (TEU) division, which consists of a group of scientific instrument manufacturing businesses with production sites across six countries in Europe and with a comprehensive commercial network with sales offices and distribution partners across the globe.
We are immensely proud of our heritage; for 50 years we have been supplying customers at leading-edge research institutes, academic and industrial facilities around the world. Our products combine customisation, user-friendliness, and high performance, and are experiencing higher-than-ever demand worldwide.
Edinburgh Instruments are looking to recruit an Graduate Apprentice Business Development Executive to join our Livingston Headquarters.
What You’ll Be Doing?
Reporting into the Chief Commercial Officer – Lab Products, the GA Business Development Executive will be responsible for sales activities across the Techcomp Group Lab Product portfolio. This role will work closely with various Sales Managers, distributors and Senior Manager to support the Group’s business development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Precisa – Support of UK sales of Precisa weighing equipment and service contracts.
- Froilabo – direct sales into the UK market.
- Edinburgh Sensors – direct and distributor sales Worldwide.
- Support of other Techcomp business units with sales and opportunities into the UK Market.
- Supporting local Sales and Service operatives to maximise opportunities for Techcomp Group Products into the UK Market.
- Assist and help co-ordinate activities and information with UK peers across industry sectors and key customers and share ideas and market intelligence.
- Form part of a Techcomp and Lab Product Commercial team and contribute to regular meetings, communications and working practices to support one another.
- Occasional travel to support and meet customers end-users and distributors in the UK.
- Qualify leads and follow them through to closure.
- Support dealers and internal customers on tender submissions and technical specification requirements.
- Attend trade shows, exhibitions, conferences to promote Techcomp Group products.
- Exchange information with co-workers on UK market, competitor activities and collaborate on cross-selling opportunities.
- Ability to generate new leads through networking and prospecting activities.
- Prepare quotations using CRM and quotation software.
- Forecast sales on a monthly basis, meet agreed targets and professionally manage your pipeline.
- Additional ad hoc duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Bring
- BSc or equivalent ideally in a science-based discipline or alternatively, a BA or equivalent in Economics/Business Development.
- The postholder will need to provide evidence of qualifications and be accepted for enrolment onto the Graduate Apprenticeship MA (Hons) Business Management degree programme, which will be a condition of any offer of employment.
- SAAS Eligibility – The postholder will need to verify that they satisfy the residency requirements (as listed on the SAAS website) over the past 3 years to be eligible for funding.
This a great opportunity to join an established and growing global business. In return we offer excellent financial rewards and career development prospects. You will work 37.5 flexible working pattern, that allows an early finish on a Friday. After an initial qualifying period and subject to the Company’s terms and conditions of employment, Edinburgh Instruments offers a comprehensive range of benefits including performance-related bonus scheme, death in service, permanent health insurance, private medical insurance, pension scheme, paid holidays and subsidised gym membership.
As an equal opportunities employer, Edinburgh Instruments is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.
Applications for vacancies or further enquiries should be sent to email@example.com.