Role: Sales & Service Administrator – Lab Products
Location: Livingston, UK
Edinburgh Instruments (EI) is an international market leader in high-end, high-value scientific instrumentation. Part of the Hong Kong headquartered global Techcomp Instrument Group, we operate within the Techcomp Europe (TEU) division, which consists of a group of scientific instrument manufacturing businesses with production sites across six countries in Europe and with a comprehensive commercial network with sales offices and distribution partners across the globe.
We are immensely proud of our heritage; for 50 years we have been supplying customers at leading-edge research institutes, academic and industrial facilities around the world. Our products combine customisation, user-friendliness, and high performance, and are experiencing higher-than-ever demand worldwide.
Edinburgh Instruments are looking to recruit a Sales & Service Administrator to join our Livingston Headquarters.
What You’ll Be Doing?
Edinburgh Instruments Ltd. t/a Precisa UK provides UKAS & ISO Calibration Services for non-automated weighing equipment up to 400Kg in the UK. Most of the work involves calibration and service of all makes and models of balances in a wide range of industries.
The role of Sales & Service Administrator requires all functions necessary to support a profitable and effective customer service role for our clients and Precisa engineers.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer – Lab Products, the role involves preparation of service quotations, scheduling of engineers, UKAS & ISO certificate issuing, invoicing of service work, processing sales orders, logistics for Precisa UK & Dynamica sales orders and other admin functions which support the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare service quotations for customers within 1 month of the proposed visits.
- Order processing for all service orders for Precisa UK & all sales purchase orders for Precisa UK & Dynamica.
- Plan and organise fieldwork schedule with a minimum of 1 month in advance.
- Follow-up with clients when Purchase Orders are not forthcoming and log service work associated with lost and won contracts.
- Check the accuracy of service reports, and other necessary documents which are sent back into the office.
- Issuing ISO & UKAS Calibration certificates to customers.
- Arrange shipment of all Precisa UK & Dynamica sales orders.
- Invoicing Service work and Sales orders upon dispatch.
- Perform general office duties such as answering telephone calls, taking messages, filing and other duties as they arise.
- Report regularly to Chief Commercial Officer – Lab Products with regards to work scheduling, progress of work and necessary actions/follow-ups required.
What You’ll Need to Bring
- General Standard Grade / National 4 level or equivalent qualification in English and Maths.
- Relevant work experience in a similar administrative position.
- Experience and knowledge of accounting systems.
- Well versed in standard office packages such as MS Word and Excel.
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Self-reliant & self-motivated individual
- Excellent communication skills.
This a great opportunity to join an established and growing global business. In return we offer excellent financial rewards and career development prospects. You will work 37.5 flexible working pattern, that allows an early finish on a Friday. After an initial qualifying period and subject to the Company’s terms and conditions of employment, Edinburgh Instruments offers a comprehensive range of benefits including performance-related bonus scheme, death in service, permanent health insurance, private medical insurance, pension scheme, paid holidays and subsidised gym membership.
As an equal opportunities employer, Edinburgh Instruments is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your cover letter and CV to Allan.Mackenize@edinst.com.